Sonal Kumar, M.D.
Dr. Sonal Kumar joined the Division in August 2012 as an Assistant Professor of Medicine. Dr. Kumar received her medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in 2006 and completed her Internal Medicine residency at Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine in 2009. She completed her fellowship in Gastroenterology at Brigham and Women's Hospital in 2012. At that time, she also received her Master in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Kumar is board certified in Internal Medicine and in Gastroenterology.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- United Health Care
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Liver Damage
- Liver Disease
- Internal Medicine
- B.A., Washington University, 2002
- M.D., Washington University School of Medicine, 2006
- M.P.H., Harvard School of Public Health, 2012