Robert J. Kim, M.D.
Dr. Kim was born in Ontario, Canada but traveled to the U.S. for his education. He received his bachelor's degree at Harvard University in Cambridge, MA. He received his M.D. degree from Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD. He then completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, NC. Finally, he completed his Cardiology fellowship at Weill Cornell Medical College-NewYork Presbyterian Hospital in New York City and joined the faculty full-time in 2007.
Dr. Kim practices General Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine at the NewYork Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College campus in New York City. His practice includes patients with hypertension, coronary artery disease and its complications,valvular heart conditions, and those who have undergone heart surgery or interventional procedures. He works in close affiliation with all of the physicians in the Division of Cardiology, including subspecialists in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiac Catheterization, and Non-Invasive Testing.
Dr. Kim teaches the second year medical students a pathophysiology-based course on cardiovascular disease and is also the Associate Program Director of the Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Training Program.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
1. Lin FY, Rosenbaum LR, Gebow D, Kim RJ, Wolk MJ, Patel MR, Dunning AM, LaBounty TM, Gomez MJ, Shaw LJ, Narula J, Douglas PS, Raman SV, Berman DS, Min JK. "Cardiologist concordance with American College of Cardiology Appropriate Use Criteria for cardiac testing in coronary artery disease: Results from a multimodality case-based study." American Journal of Cardiology, 2012;110(3):337-44.
2. LaBounty TM, Kim RJ, Lin FY, Budoff MJ, Weinsaft JW, Min JK. "Diagnostic accuracy of coronary computed tomography angiography as interpreted on a mobile handheld phone device." Journal of the American College of Cardiology Cardiovascular Imaging, 2010;3(5):482-90.
3. Weinsaft JW, Manoushagian SJ, Patel T, Shakoor A, Kim RJ, Mirchandani S, Lin F, Wong FJ, Szulc M, Okin PM, Kligfield PD, Min JK. "Stress-induced ST-segment depression in relation to the presence and severity of coronary artery disease in patients with normal myocardial perfusion imaging." Coronary Artery Disease, 2009;(1):41-9.
4. Patel A, Au E, Donegan K, Kim RJ, Lin FY, Stein KM, Markowitz SM, Iwai S, Weinsaft JW, Min JK, Lerman BB. "Multidetector row computed tomography for identification of left atrial appendage filling defects in patients undergoing pulmonary vein isolation for treatment of atrial fibrillation: comparison with transesophageal echocardiography." Heart Rhythm, 2008;(2):253-60.
5. Kim RJ, Girardi LN. "Lots of Clots: multiple thromboemboli including a huge paradoxical embolus in a 29-year old man." International Journal of Cardiology. 2008;129(2):e50-2.
6. Krauser DG, Cham MD, Tortolani AJ, Kim RJ, Yang XJ, Min JK, Weinsaft JW. "Clinical utility of delayed-contrast computed tomography for tissue characterization of cardiac thrombus." Journal of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography. 2007;(2):114-8.
7. Kim RJ, Weinsaft JW, Callister TQ, Min JK. "Evaluation of prosthetic valve endocarditis by 64-row multidetector computed tomography." International Journal of Cardiology, 2007;120(2):e27-9.
8. Kim RJ, Iwai S, Markowitz SM, Shah BK, Stein KM, Lerman BB. "Clinical and electrophysiologic spectrum of idiopathic ventricular outflow tract arrhythmias." Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 2007;49(20):2035-43.
9. Iwai S, Cantillon DJ, Kim RJ, Markowitz SM, Mittal S, Stein KM, Shah BK, Yarlagadda RK, Cheung JW, Tan VR, Lerman BB. "Right and left ventricular outflow tract tachycardias: evidence for a common electrophysiologic mechanism." Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 2006;17(10):1052-8.
- Adult Cardiology
- General Cardiology
- Clinical Cardiology
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Pathophysiology
- Computerized Axial Tomography (CT)
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
- B.A., Harvard University, 1997
- M.D., The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2001