Obstetrics and Gynecology (72nd Street)
The Obstetrics and Gynecology division brings together a highly trained and specialized team of physicians, nurses and clinicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare services for every stage in a woman's life—from adolescence through child-bearing to menopause and the post-menopausal years. With an eye toward the emotional well-being of our patients, our practitioners create a warm, supportive and comforting environment for women. We also encourage our patients to be informed about their healthcare needs and to participate in their own care and treatment.
Our services offered include, but not limited to:
- Well-woman care, with health maintenance exams, including cancer screening
- Comprehensive family planning
- Complete obstetrical care
- Evaluation and management of abnormal PAP smears/HPV infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of menstrual disorders, including abnormal bleeding, amenorrhea and polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Minimally invasive surgeries including laparoscopic and robotic surgeries
- Surgical and non-surgical management of uterine fibroids
- Individualized management during menopause, using both hormonal and non-hormonal treatment options
While our focus in the division is principally on general obstetrics and gynecology, we are concerned with the overall healthcare needs of our patients. We work closely with specialists throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center of to coordinate care, as necessary.