Robert Anthony Schaefer, M.D.
1. Schaefer, R.A. and Goldstein, M. J. Gastric and esophageal telangiectasis. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 19:192, 1973.
2. Reilly, P.A., Catino, D. and Schaefer, R.A. Duodenal ulcer in rural Haiti. L. Trop. Med. Hygiene 78:227, 1975
3. Trepo, C.G., Vitvitski, L., Neurath, R., Hashimoto, N., Schaefer, R.A. and Prince, A.M. Detection of e Antigen by immunofluorescence in the cytoplasm of hepatocytes of HbsAg carries (letter) Lance 1:486, 1976
4. Trepo, C.G., Magnius, L. O., Schaefer, R.A. and Prince, A.M. Detection and significance of e Antigen and Anti-e antibody in Hepatitis B infection. Gastroenterology 71:804, 1976
5. Cherubin, C., Schaefer, R.A., Rosenthal, W. S., et. al. The natural history of liver disease in former drug users. Am. J. Med. Sci. 272:244, 1976
6. Schaefer, R.A. Chronic active hepatitis, L.A. Wallis and M. Nydick, (editors), in Cornell Medical Updates, Vol. 1, 1977
7. Schaefer, R.A. Management of chronic active hepatitis. Drug Therapy, 6:17-26, 1981
8. Lachin, J. M., Marks, J. W., Schoenfield, L. J., et. al. Design and methodological considerations in the National Cooperative Gallstone Study: a multi center clinical trial. Controlled Clinical Trials. 2:177-229, 1981
9. Schoenfield, L. J., Lachin, J. M., et. al. Chenodiol (chenodeoxycholic Acid) for dissolution of gallstones: The National Cooperative Gallstone Study. Annals Int. Med. 95:257-282, 1981.
10. Fisher, R. L., Anderson, D. W., Boyer, J. L. et. at. A prospective morphologic evaluation of hepatic toxicity of chenodeoxycholic acid in patients with cholelithiasis. The National Cooperative Gallstone Study. Hepatology 2:187-201, 1982
11. Schaefer, R.A. and Kreek, M. J. Chenodeoxycholic acid in the management of gallstones; in J. R.. Bianchine (editor), Recent Advances in Clinical Therapeutics, 1982
12. Albers, J. J., Grundy, S.M., Cleary, P.A., et. al. National Cooperative Gallstone
Study: The effect of chenodeoxycholic acid on lipoproteins and apolipoproteins. Gastroenterology 82:638-464, 1982
13. Schaefer, R.A. Diarrhea: current concepts of pathophysiology, L.A. Wallis and M. Nydick (editors), in Cornell Medical Update, Vol. 3, 1982.
14. Hofmann, A.F., Grundy, S.M., Lachin, J. M. et. al. The National Cooperative Gallstone Study: Pretreatment biliary lipid composition in white patients with radiolucent gallstones, 1981.
15. Phillips, M. J., Fisher, R. L., Anderson, D. W., et. al. The National Cooperative Gallstone Study. Ultrastructural evidence of intrahepatic cholestasis before and after chenodeoxycholic acid therapy in patients with cholelithiasis. Submitted for publication, 1982.
16. Kreek,M.J., Schaefer, R.A., Hahn, E.F., Fishman, J. Naloxone, a specific opioid antagonist, reverses chronic idiopathic constipation. Lancet 1,261-262, 1983
17. Ergun,G., Schaefer, R.A. Gastrointestinal Aspects of Epidermolysis Bullosa in Epidermolysis Bullosa, A.N. Lin and D.M. Carter, editors, 1992, pp. 169-184
1. Schaefer, R.A., Javitt, N.B., Finlayson, N.D.C., and Prince, A.M. Serum Chenodeoxycholate Levels in Hepatitis B Antigen Carriers. Gastroenterology 66:865, 1974
2. Schaefer, R.A., Finlayson, N.D.C., Prince, A.M. Liver disease in Asymptomatic Hepatitis B Antigen Carriers. J. Clin . Invest. 53:714, 1974 (Presented at Joint meeting of AFCR/ASCI, May 5, 1974).
3. Schaefer, R.A., Finlayson, N.D.C., Prince, A.M., Fauconnet, M., and Vitvitski, L.: Lymphocyte Transformation in HbsAg Carriers. Hepatitis Scientific Memoranda. H - 728, 1974.
4. Trepo, C., Schaefer, R.A., Vitvitski, L., Prince, A.M.: Hepatitis B Core and Surface Antigen, Immunoglobulins, and Complement in Liver Biopsies: Detection by Direct Immunoflourescence. Clin. Research 23:258 A, 1975 (Presented at Joint meeting of AFCR/ASCI, May 4, 1975)
5. Trepo, C. Magnius, L., Schaefer, R.A., Prince, A.M.,: Detection and Clinical Significance of e Antigen and Anti-e Antibody in Hepatitis B Surface Antigen Carriers. Gastroenterology 69: 872, 1975 (Presented at annual meeting of AASLD. November 3-4, 1975).
6. Solny, M., Kassan, S.S., Kammerer, W.H., Lockshin, M.D., and Schaefer, R.A.: Gastrointestinal Perforation Associated with Corticosteroid Theraphy. Gastroenterology 72:1134, 1977.
7. Thistle, J. L., Clearly, P.A., Lachin, J. M., et. al. The natural history of untreated Cholelithiasis during the National Cooperative Gallstone Study. Gastroenterology 82:1197, 1982. (Presented at the annual meeting of AGA, May 18, 1982).
8. Marks, J. W. Schoenfield, L. J., and the Steering Committee. The National Cooperative Gallstone Study: Further therapy with chenodiol in patients who had partial dissolution of gallstone after two years. Gastroenterology 82:1124, 1982 (Presented at annual meeting of AGA, May 19, 1982).
9. Schwartz, S.J., Lan, S.P., Soloway, R.D., et. al. Predicting gallstone dissolution in patients treated with chenodiol. Gastroenterology 82:1173, 1982. (Presented at annual meeting of AGA, May 16, 1982).
10. Kreek, M. J., Lahita, R., Schaefer, R.A., Anderson, K., and Bradlow, H.L. Decreased 2-hydroxylation of estadiol in chronic liver disease. J. Clin. Endo. Metab., in press(1982). Presented at annual meeting of Endocrine Society, June 16-18, 1982