Praveen Raju, M.D., Ph.D.
- Raju GP, Belland SE, and Eisen HJ. Prolongation of Cardiac Allograft Survival with Transforming Growth Factor-ß1 in Rats. Transplantation 1994; 58:392-396.
- Woo, YJ, Raju GP, Gardner TJ, Balice-Gordon RJ, Swain JL. In Utero Murine Recombinant Adenoviral Gene Transfer. Surgical Forum 1996; 47:277-78.
- Woo YJ, Raju GP, Swain JL, Richmond ME, Gardner TJ, and Balice-Gordon RJ. In Utero Cardiac Gene Transfer Via Intraplacental Delivery of Recombinant Adenovirus. Circulation 1997; 96:3561-3569.
- Raju GP, Dimova N, Klein PS, and Huang HC. SANE, A Novel LEM Domain Protein, Regulates BMP Signaling through Interaction with Smad1. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2003; 278(1):428-37.
- Neal J, Raju GP, Bodell A, Apse K, Walsh CA, and Sheen VL. Periventricular heterotopia with complete agenesis of the corpus callosum: A case report. Journal of Neurology 2006; 10:1-3.
- Raju GP, Urion DK, and Sahin M: Neonatal Subependymal Giant Cell Astrocytoma. New Case and Review of Literature. Pediatric Neurology 2007; 36(2):128-131.
- Raju GP, Poduri A, Sarco D, Riviello J, Bergin AM, and Takeoka M. Oxcarbazepine in Children with Nocturnal Frontal Lobe Epilepsy. Pediatric Neurology 2007; 37(5):345-349.
- Raju GP, Li S-C, Bali DS, Chen YT, Urion DK, Lidov HGW, and Kang PB. A case of congenital glycogen storage disease type IV with a novel GBE1 mutation. Journal of Child Neurology 2008; 23(3):349-52.
- LaRovere K, Raju GP, and Gorman MP. Post-Varicella Acute Transverse Myelitis in a Previously Vaccinated Child: Case Report and Review. Pediatric Neurology 2008; 38(5):370-372.
- Pranzatelli MR, Tate ED, Swan JA, Travelstead AL, Colliver JA, Verhulst SJ, Crosley CJ, Graf WD, Joseph SA, Kelfer HM, and Raju GP. B cell depletion therapy for new onset opsoclonus-myoclonus. Movement Disorders 2010; 25(2):238-242.
- Takenouchi T and Raju GP. Germinal Matrix Hemorrhage in Zellweger Syndrome. Journal of Child Neurology 2010; 25(11):1398-1400.
- Raju GP. Arsenic : A Potentially Useful Poison for Hedgehog-driven Cancers. Journal of Clinical Investigation 2011; 121(1):14-6.
- Ho DT, Rodig NM, Kim HB, Lidov HGW, Shapiro FD, Raju GP, Kang PB. Rapid Reversal of Uremic Neuropathy Following Renal Transplantation in an Adolescent. Pediatric Transplantation 2011 (in press)
- Lao Z, Raju GP, Bai CB. Joyner AL. MASTR: A technique for Mosaic mutant Analysis with Spatial and Temporal control of Recombination Using Conditional Floxed Alleles in Mice. Cell Reports 2012; 2(2):386-96.
- Raju GP, Suero-Abreu GA, Pham D, Barraza L, Wainwright BJ, Rosenblum MK, Turnbull DH, Joyner AL. A new genetic model of sporadic medulloblastoma reveals heterogeneity of the Sonic hedgehog tumor subtype. 2012 (in preparation)
Books, Book Chapters and Reviews
- Raju GP, Tan C, and Klein PS: Concepts in Early Embryonic Patterning. Chapter in Molecular Biology in Reproductive Medicine. ed. BCJM Fauser; New York, NY: Parthenon Publishing Group; 1999.
- Raju GP and Pham D: "Hedgehog Inhibition as an Anti-Cancer Strategy". In Gerald Litwack, editors:Hedgehog Signaling, volume 88, Vitamins and Hormones, UK: Academic Press, 2012, pp. 507-522.
- Eisen HJ, Belland SE, Williams JJ, Matuick, N, and Raju GP: In Vivo Gene Transfer Into Thymuses and Cardiac Transplants in Rats. Supplement to Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 1992. 11: 211.
- Eisen HJ, Belland SE, Williams JJ, Schwartz MB, Raju GP, and Perloff, Noninvasive Detection of Cardiac Transplant Rejection Using Radiolabeled Monoclonal Antibodies to Specific MHC Class II Antigens. Supplement to Journal of the American College of Cardiology 1992. 19:
- Eisen HJ, Belland SE, Raju GP, Matuick, N, and Perloff LJ :In Vivo Transfer of Foreign Genes Into the Thymuses of Rats. Congress of the International Transplantation Society. Paris Aug 1992.
- Eisen HJ, Belland SE, Williams JJ, and Raju GP: In Vivo Thymic Transfection in Rats Using Direct Injection of Plasmid DNA Without Vectors. Supplement to Circulation 1992. 86: I-627.
- Tanio J, Belland S, Newton N, Raju GP, Humen N, and Eisen HJ: Noninvasive Detection of Myocarditis Using Radiolabeled Monoclonal Antibodies to T Helper Cell Antigens. Supplement to Circulation 1993. 88: I-250.
- Raju GP, Woo YJ, Fox JC, Swain JL: TGF-ß Type I Receptor Signaling Inhibits Both Proliferation and Differentiation of Skeletal Myocytes. Circulation 1996. 94 (suppl I): I-355
- Raju GP, Li S-C, Bali DS, Anderson J, McAlmon KR, Kim HB, Jonas MM, Smoot LB, Chen YT, Urion DK, Darras BT, Lidov HTW, Kang PB: The clinical spectrum of glycogen storage disease type IV (Andersen disease). (poster presentation at the World Muscle Society Congress 2006) Neuromuscular Disorders 2006. 16: 655.
- Harini C, Sarco DP, Raju GP, Poduri A, Rotenberg A, Bergin AM, Riviello J and Takeoka M: Spread of ictal EEG activity to the temporal lobes in nocturnal frontal lobe epilepsy. (poster presentation at American Epilepsy Society Meeting 2006)
- Suero-Abreu GA, Raju GP, Pham D, Barraza L, Szulc KU, Houston EJ, Joyner AL, Turnbull DH: MRI characterization of a novel mouse model of sporadic medulloblastoma. (presentation at 2012 International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine Annual Meeting)
Invited Lectures And Presentations
- American Federation of Clinical Research, Eastern Regional Meetings, NY, NY 1994, "Prolongation of Cardiac Allograft Survival with Transforming Growth Factor-beta1 in Rats"
- 1st Annual Cell & Developmental Biology Symposium March 1999, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, "SANE, A Novel Inhibitor of BMP Signaling"
- Longwood Neurology Grand Rounds, Harvard Medical School March 2005, "CPC-An infant with Hypotonia" co-presentation with Peter Kang, MD & Hart Lidov, MD
- NYU Medical Center Pediatric Neurology Grand Rounds March 2007, "Neuroembryology and Things That Can Go Wrong"
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Pediatrics Grand Rounds September 2009 "Genetic Inducible Mosaic Analysis : Improving Preclinical Animal Models of Sporadic Tumorigenesis"
- Weill Cornell Medical College Neurological Surgery Grand Rounds, November 2011 "Improving preclinical models of sporadic brain tumors for studies of developmental origins, cellular heterogeneity, and treatment resistance"
- Weill Cornell Medical College Neurology & Neuroscience Grand Rounds, April 2012 "Improving preclinical brain tumor models for translational studies"
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Brain Tumor Center, June 2012 "Novel preclinical approaches to understanding brain tumor formation, cellular heterogeneity, and treatment resistance"
- NYU Langone Medical Center Pediatric Neurology Grand Rounds September 2012, "Novel preclinical approaches to understanding brain tumor formation, cellular heterogeneity, and treatment resistance"