Jon Samuels, M.D.
1. Trencheva K, Dhar P, Sonoda T, Lee S, Samuels J, Stein B, Milsom J. Physiologic Effects of Simultaneous Carbon Dioxide Insufflation by Laparoscopy and Colonoscopy: Prospective Evaluation. Surgical Endoscopy 2011 Oct; 25(10), 3279-3285.
2. Skupski D, Abramowitz S, Samuels J, Pressimone V, Kjaer K. Adverse effects of combined spinal-epidural versus traditional epidural analgesia during labor. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2009; 106(3):242-5 .
3. Kjaer K, Comerford M, Kondilis L, DiMaria L, Abramovitz S, Kiselev M, Samuels J, Gadalla F, Leighton B. Oral sodium citrate increases nausea amongst elective Cesarean delivery patients. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia 2006; 53:776-780.
4. Samuels J. Heterotopic Pregnancy with Term Delivery After Rupture of a First-Trimester Tubal Pregnancy: A Case Report. The Journal of Reproductive Medicine 1999; 6:145.
5. Samuels J. Speedballs: A new Cause of Intraoperative Tachycardia. Anesthesia and Analgesia 1991; 2:151.
1. Al-Baljout, Samuels J. Case Report: Cardiac Arrest After Metoclopramide. NYSSA Sphere. January-March, 2014: 51-6.
2. Samuels J. Postoperative Management of the Bariatric Patient. Audio-Digest Anesthesiology; 49(1), 1/2007.
3. Samuels J. Lesson 4. Post-operative Analgesic Management of the Bariatric Surgical Patient. In: Current Reviews in Clinical Anesthesia. Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Frank Moya; 4(27), 9/2006.
4. Samuels J. Post-operative Management of the Bariatric Surgical Patient. NYSSA Sphere. July-September, 2006; 30-44.
5. Samuels J. Review of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Hypopnea Syndrome. NYSSA Sphere. July-September, 2005.
6. Samuels J. Lesson 243. Preanesthetic Assessment of the Patient for Weight Reduction Surgery. Anesthesiology News; 7/2005: 52-8.
7. Samuels J. Cesearean Section in a Parturient with Ventricular Tachycardia of Undetermined Etiology. NYSSA Sphere. July-September, 2004: 51-6.
8. Oxendine J, Samuels J. Successful Use of Laryngoscope-Assisted Nasotracheal Fiberoptic Bronchoscopy in a Patient with Mucopoly-saccharidosis for Aortic Valve Replacement. NYSSA Sphere. April-June, 2004: 31-4.
9. Samuels J. Bariatric Anesthesia: A New Subspecialty. NYSSA Sphere. January-March, 2004: 49-54.
10. Samuels J. The Pain Patient. In Frost EAM (ed): Anesthesiology Clinics of North America, PA; W.B. Saunders Company; 1/1991.
11. Samuels J. The Patient Who is a Jehovah’s Witness. In Frost EAM (ed): Preanesthetic Assessment 3. Boston, MA; Birkauer. Anesthesiology News; 10/1990.
BOOKS, BOOK CHAPTERS, REVIEWS, EDITOR
1. Samuels J. Editors Invited Commentary: Perioperative Nausea and Vomiting: Much Ado About Nothing? Aesthetic Plastic Surgery June 2013; 37(3): 634-635. Response to: Sweis I, Yeginants SS, Cohen MN. The Management of Postoperative Nausea and Vomit: Current Thoughts and Protocols. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery June 2013; 37(3): 625-633.
2. Samuels J. Manuscript Review. Anesthesia & Analgesia.
3. Samuels J. Anesthesia Section Editor: Anesthesiology. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Springer; 2012-present.
4. Samuels J. Yao FSF. Morbid Obesity and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. In Yao FSF (ed): Yao and Artusio’s Anesthesiology: problem-oriented patient management-7th ed. Philadelphia, PA; Lippincott, Williams & Wilkens; 2012.
5. Samuels J. Yao FSF. Morbid Obesity and Obstructive Sleep Apnea. In Yao FSF (ed): Yao and Artusio’s Anesthesiology: problem-oriented patient management-6th ed. Philadelphia, PA; Lippincott, Williams & Wilkens; 2008.
6. Samuels J., Savarese J. Major textbook review for Anesthesia and Analgesia; 99(5), November, 2004, 1580. Evers A. and Maze, M (ed): Anesthetic Pharmacology: Physiologic Principles and Clinical Practice. A Companion to Millers Anesthesia. Philadelphia: Churchill-Livingston, 2004: 1580.