Maximiliano Sorbellini, M.D.
Dr. Sorbellini joined the Department of Urology at Weill Cornell Medical College as full-time faculty on May 1, 2013. He completed his Urology Residency at McGill University Medical Center and Urologic Oncology Fellowship at the Urologic Oncology Branch (UOB) of the National Cancer Institute (NCI)/National Institute of Health (NIH).
Dr. Sorbellini oversees the urology service at the downtown campus of New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Lower Manhattan. His clinical specialties include urologic oncology (kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, penile cancer, and adrenal cancer), robotic and minimally invasive surgery (for benign and malignant conditions), treatment of kidney stones, men’s health issues, erectile dysfunction and prostate disease.
Dr. Sorbellini is a Diplomat (board certified) of the American Board of Urology and a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Canada). His research interests include renal cancer and bladder cancer with particular emphasis on the study of novel diagnostic and therapeutic modalities.
If you would like to make an appointment with Dr. Sorbellini or have any questions, please call 212-312-5571.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- General Urology
- Urological Oncology
- ED (Erectile Dysfunction)
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- BPH (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Prostate Disease
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Robotic Surgery
- B.S., University of Cincinnati, 1998
- M.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2004