Milica Markovic, M.D.
Dr. Milica Markovic is a Board-Certified Anesthesiologist who specializes in Regional Anesthesia.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Matyal R, Markovic M. Literature review: cardiac outcomes after screening for coronary artery disease in patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: The DIAD Study. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Newsletter Bulletin. 2009 Aug. 8 (4).
Matyal R, Markovic M. PRO/CON Review: death by protocols or improved patient outcomes: do transfusion algorithms work? Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Newsletter Bulletin. 2009 Dec 8(6).
Matyal R, Markovic M. Literature review: relationship of doppler-echocardiographic left ventricular diastolic function to exercise performance in systolic heart failure: The HF-ACTION study. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Newsletter Bulletin. 2009 Dec 8(6).
Fisher L, Markovic M, Richardson L, Fisher J. The Achilles’ heel of ambulatory sports practice - Achilles tendon repair under peripheral nerve block. American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine Meeting; 2011 May.
Markovic M, Warraich H, Mahmood F, Matyal R. Perioperative diastolic dysfunction: an independent predictor of post operative complications in females undergoing high-risk vascular surgery. Society for Cardiovascular Anesthesia Meeting; 2011 April.
Markovic M, Matyal R, Mahmood F, Hess P. Pattern of diastolic dysfunction in females presenting for high risk vascular surgery. International Anesthesia Research Society Meeting; 2010 March.
Markovic M, Shapiro F. DEX, flex and pecs - the intraoperative use of dexmedetomidine during breast augmentation and abdominoplasty in the ambulatory setting. Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia Annual Meeting; 2008 May.
Hulgan T, Mwenya C, Emeagwali N, Dageforde L, Markovic M, Oboho I, Misra R. Sanchez S, Erdem H, Morrow JD, and Haas DW. Factors associated with increased oxidant stress during therapy with thymidine analogue nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. Antiviral Therapy 2005; 10:L47 [abstract no. 77]. International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Lipodystrophy; 2005 November.
Honors and Awards
Guest reviewer for Anesthesia & Analgesia, 2011
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Academy of Medical Educators, Appointed Associate Academy Member, September 2010.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Vascular Anesthesia Resident Award, 2010 & 2011.
Dragomir Nikolitch Charitable Trust Scholarship, Award Recipient, 2004–2006.
- B.S., Bennington College, 2003
- M.D., Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2007