John Pierpont Lyden, M.D.
College of Physicians & Surgeons- Columbia University 1961-1965, M.D., NYC
Fellowship in Hand Surgery- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, N.Y., 1972-1973
Special Clinical Interests
Fractures, Joint Replacements, and Arthroscopy Orthopedic Surgeon, New York City Police Department, New York, N.Y., 25 years service
Selected Present Activities
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- Bochner, R.M., Pellicci, P.M., Lyden, J.P.: Bipolar Hemiarthroplasty for Fracture of the Femoral Neck. Clinical Review with Special Emphasis on Prosthetic Motion J. of Bone and Joint Surgery, Vol. 70-A, No. 7, Pages 1001-1010, August 1988.
- Goldhill, V.B., Lyden, J.P., Cornell, C.N., Bochner, R.M.: Biploar Hemiarthroplasty for Fracture of the Femoral Neck. J. of Orthopaedic Trauma, Vol. 5, No. 3, Pages 318-324, 1991
- Rizzo, P.F., Lyden, J.P., and Schneider, R.N., "Occult I-lip Fractures: Diagnosis and Treatment". Contemporary Orthopaedics, Vol. 27, No. 4, pgs. 339-345, October 1993.
- Pagnani, M.J., and Lyden, J.P.: "Postoperative Femoral Fracture after Intramedullary Fixation with a gamma Nail: Case Report and Review of the Literature.' J. of Trauma, Vol. 37, No.1, pp. 133-37, July 1994.
- Westfich, G.H., Borrelli, J., Ghelman, B., Lyden, J.P. and Helfet, D.L.: "Computerized Tomography for the Evaluation of Posttraumatic Multiplane Deformities of the Tibia." Am. J. of Orthopedics, May 1995.
- Tolo, E.T., Lyden, J.P., Cornell, C.M., Bostrom, M.P.G., Thomgren, K. and Simic, P.M.: "The Short Term Follow-Up of Patients with Hip Fractures". Contemporary Orthopaedics, 1996.
Honors and Awards
Henderson Prize in Biochemistry - Harvard University, 1961
Selected as Carl Berg Travelling Fellow for the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, 1973
Treatment of Pathologic Fractures. Medical Society of the State of New York. Second Award for Clinical Research, 1975
Philip D. Wilson, Jr. Teaching Award, Outstanding Teacher at the Hospital for Special Surgery, 1992
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Replacements
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- M.D., Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1965