Edmund Kessler, M.B., B.Ch.
Dr. Edmund Kessler is Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Pediatric Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. He performs over 500 abdominal wall hernias a year, one of the largest volumes in the state.
His interests include neonatal and general pediatric surgery, including childhood tumors and endocrine and gastrointestinal pediatric surgery. Dr. Kessler's publications reflect his particular interests in neonatal issues and pediatric and adolescent breast disorders.
Dr. Kessler received his M.B.B.Ch. from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, in 1968, and subsequently received his General Surgery and Pediatric Surgery training at the same institution. Dr. Kessler was Visiting Fellow at the Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children in London in 1977. He was appointed Lecturer in Anatomy in 1970, and was a Consulting Surgeon and Senior Lecturer in Surgery from 1977 to 1995 at the University of the Witwatersrand.
Dr. Kessler is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, the South African College of Surgeons, and the International College of Surgeons. He is a member of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, the South African Paediatric Surgical Association, the American Pediatric Surgical Association, and a surgical affiliate member of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Honors and Awards
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors in America 2011-2012.
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology
- Neonatal Surgery
- Provision of Second Pediatric Surgical Opinion
- Counseling For Antenatal Congenital Abnormalities
- Thoracoscopic Surgical Procedure
- Pediatric Endocrine Surgery
- Pediatric Thyroid Surgery
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Pediatric Minimal Access Surgery
- Surgery, Pediatric
- M.B.,B.Ch., University of Witwatersrand Faculty of Health Sciences (South Africa), 1968