Dana Zappetti, M.D.
Dr. Zappetti specializes in inpatient and outpatient pulmonary and critical care medicine. She specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of all lung disease. Special areas of interest include: Asthma, COPD,Lung Cancer, pulmonary infections and respiratory disease in immunocompromised patients.
Dr. Zappetti is committed to medical education and serves as the Program Director for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship program, the Assistant Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency and is the course Director for the Medical Subinternship at Weill Cornell medical College.
Internship: Internal Medicine, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Campus, New York, NY
Residency: Internal Medicine, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Campus and Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Fellowship: Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University/New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
Zappetti D, Tartter PI, Brower ST, Bratton J, Lesnick G. Selecting patients for breast conservation without radiation therapy. Breast Disease 1996; 9: 195.
Taxin A, Tartter PI, Zappetti D. Breast cancer diagnosis by fine needle aspiration and excisional biopsy: recurrence and survival. Acta Cytologica 1997; 41: 301.
Kong A, Tartter PI, Zappetti D. The significance of risk factors for infection in patients undergoing lumpectomy and axillary dissection. The Breast Journal 1997; 3(2): 81.
Tartter PI, Kaplan J, Bleiweiss IJ, Gajdos C, Kong A, Ahmed S, Zappetti D. Lumpectomy margins, re-excision and local recurrence of breast cancer. American Journal of Surgery 2000; 179: 81.
Zappetti D. Pulmonary Medicine in Last Minute Internal Medicine: A Concise Review for the Specialty Boards. McGraw Hill. 2007
Zappetti, D. COPD in The Encyclopedia of Elder Care. Springer 2007
Honors and Awards
Assistant Chief Medical Resident -New York Presbyterian Hospital , Department of Medicine
J. James Smith Teaching Award 2005 - New York Presbyterian Hospital , Department of Medicine
Alpha Omega Alpha Faculty Induction 2005 - Weill Medical college
Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians 2007
Senior List for Teaching Excellence 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009 - Weill Medical College
Excellence in Teaching 2008 - Weill Medical College
Consultant of the Year 2012 - New York Presbyterian Hospital , Department of Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- Lung Disease
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- M.D., Brown University School of Medicine, 1999