Dan Goldschlag, M.D.
Make an appointment: or call (646) 962-3767
Want more information?
"Our goal at The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine is to provide compassionate, quality fertility care. Our work in fertility preservation doesn't only preserve eggs and embryos – it also preserves our patients' options."
Dr. Dan Goldschlag is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine at The Ronald O. Perelman and Claudia Cohen Center for Reproductive Medicine (CRM) at Weill Cornell Medical College. A noted fertility specialist, he is board certified in both Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Dr. Goldschlag completed his B.A. and M.S. in 1988 and his M.D. in 1992 at Wayne State University in Detroit. After a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Dr. Goldschlag received his subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at CRM. In 1999, he joined the Center's faculty. Dr. Goldschlag is a member of numerous medical associations, including the American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr.Goldschlag has a thriving practice in reproductive medicine that includes patients growing their families using in vitro fertilization (IVF), preimplantation genetic diagnosis and egg donation, as well as other advanced assisted reproductive techniques.
Fertility Preservation & Oncofertility
Dr. Goldschlag has an expertise in caring for patients who wish to preserve or extend their fertility using CRM's fertility preservation services. In addition to the preservation of embryos, recent advances in cryopreservation technology have made oocyte (egg) and embryo freezing viable options for women. Oocyte freezing can be of particular help to women wishing to preserve oocytes for later use or women who need medical treatments that may damage ovarian function. For more information about Cornell's fertility preservation services, contact Justine Witzke at (646) 962-5450.
Dr. Goldschlag also has extensive experience caring for women who wish to become pregnant after cancer treatment (oncofertility).
Minimally Invasive Surgery & Disorders of Delayed Sexual Development
Dr. Goldschlag is an expert in advanced surgical methods and is particularly skilled in the use of minimally invasive surgical techniques. These techniques can be of great help to patients with conditions including uterine anomalies, recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, menstrual disorders and anatomical causes of infertility, including blocked fallopian tubes, adhesions or scar tissue, endometrial polyps and fibroid tumors. He is also an authority on the treatment of young women with disorders affecting normal sexual development, including premature ovarian failure and delayed puberty.
Dr. Goldschlag has published and lectured on a wide range of topics in reproductive health. His current research is focused on early oocyte development and the cryopreservation of oocytes and ovarian tissue. He recently published a groundbreaking article on the retrieval and preservation of oocytes from a pre-pubertal young woman prior to chemotherapy.
Dr. Goldschlag sees patients in CRM's Upper East Side, Garden City, Long Island and Upper West Side offices. Please call (646) 962-3767 for more information and to schedule an appointment.
You may also visit http://www.ivf.org, CRM's patient resource website, for more information.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- GHI [CBP]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
1. The Adverse Affect of a single Failed Cycle. SD Spandorfer, DE Goldschlag, Z. Rosenwaks.
Poster Presentation - Society for Gynecologic Investigation - 3/1999
2. Inhibin Expression in the Reproductive Tract of the Human Female Fetus. D.E. Goldschlag, J. Jacobson, L.M. Kump, K.P. Xu, O.K. Davis, Z. Rosenwaks.
Poster Presentation - Society for Gynecologic Investigation - 3/1999
3. Pregnancies Achieved Through ICSI Using Cryopreserved Semen from Men with Malignant Neoplasms - The Cornell Experience. Goldschlag, Kump, Davis, Palermo, and Rosenwaks.
Oral Presentation - World Congress on Fertility and Sterility / American Society for Reproductive Medicine. San Francisco, CA 10/98
4. The Implication of Difficult embryo Transfer on Pregnancy Outcomes in In Vitro Fertilization. Goldschlag, Kump, Spandorfer, and Rosenwaks. Poster Presentation - World Congress on Fertility and Sterility / American Society for Reproductive Medicine. San Francisco, CA 10/98
5. Uterine Anomalies are Associated with Decreased Delivery Rates and Increased Embryo Wastage.
Poster Presentation - World Congress on Fertility and Sterility / American Society for Reproductive Medicine. San Francisco, CA 10/98 Goldschlag, Kump, Schattman, and Rosenwaks.
6. An Elevated Body Mass Index is Associated with an Increased Cancellation Rate in Good Prognosis IVF Patients. Kump, Goldschlag, Spandorfer, and Rosenwaks.
Poster Presentation - World Congress on Fertility and Sterility / American Society for Reproductive Medicine. San Francisco, CA 10/98
7. Endometriosis in Oocyte Donors is not Associated with Diminished IVF Outcomes. Kump, Goldschlag, Rosenwaks, Moomjy, Schattman.
Poster Presentation - VI World Congress on Endometriosis. Quebec City, Canada 10/98
8. Seed size and sex ratio in spinach: Application of the Trivers - Willard hypothesis to plants Freeman, Wachocki, Goldschlag, Michaels; Ecoscience 1 (1) : 54-63 1994
9. The Effect of Maternal Treatment on Progeny Sex Ratio and Relative Fitness Dan Goldschlag Master's Thesis, Wayne State University 1988
10. Effects of Anabolic Steroids on Cultured Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells. D. Goldschlag, P, Gordon, D, Wuthrich, and S. Gunther. Twenty-First Annual Michigan Cardiovascular Research Forum/ American Heart Association Poster 9/12/1991
11. Mechanisms of Anabolic Steroids-Induced Hypertrophy of Cultured Adult Cardiocytes. P. Gordon, M. Mcelderry, D. Goldschlag, S. Gunther. Twenty-First Annual Michigan Cardiovascular Research Forum/ American Heart Association Presentation 9/12/1991
Honors and Awards
1996 - Administrative Chief Resident
1994 - Resident of the Year
1993 - Distinction in Biomedical Research
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility
- Reproductive Genetics
- Gynecologic Endocrinology
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Male Infertility
- Ovulation Induction
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Reproductive Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Gyn Surgery
- Reproductive Health
- Advanced Gynecologic Surgery
- Artificial Insemination
- Assisted Reproduction
- Assisted Reproductive Techniques
- Female Hirsutism
- Female Hormones
- Fibroid Surgery
- Fibroid Tumor
- Gynecologic Hormonal Disorders
- Gynecological Laparoscopic Surgery
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hormone Testing
- Hysteroscopic Procedures
- Hysterectomy Surgery
- Hysteroscopic-Advanced Surgery
- Female Infertility
- Infertility Assessment
- Infertility Procedures
- Infertility Surgery
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Irregular Periods/Menstrual Cycles
- Irregular Menstrual Bleeding
- Laparoscopic Gynecologic Surgery
- Microsurgical Tubal Surgery
- Ovarian Hormone Disorders
- Ovulation Induction Monitoring
- Pelvic Mass
- Polycystic Ovary
- Pregnancy Losses
- Reproductive Endocrine Abnormality
- Reproductive Loss
- Reproductive Surgery
- Transvaginal Ultrasound
- Tubal Ligation Reversals
- Tubal Surgery
- Uterine Ablations
- M.S., Wayne State University, 1988
- M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, 1993