David Li, M.D., Ph. D.
David Li, M.D., Ph.D. is a board-certified radiologist specializing in Interventional Radiology. He is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and Assistant Attending Radiologist at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Campus.
Dr. Li was awarded his B.S., magna cum laude, in Biomedical Engineering from Columbia University, New York, NY in 1999. He earned both his M.D. and Ph.D. degrees in 2007 at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx , NY. Dr. Li was inducted to the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) medical honor society upon graduation. Dr. Li earned his Master’s degree in Physiology and Biophysics with Honors prior to completion of his Ph.D. His research and Ph.D. thesis were in resonance Raman spectroscopy, an investigative technique currently being harnessed for molecular imaging.
Dr. Li did a transitional internship year at North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY prior to completing a residency in Diagnostic Radiology (2008-2012) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center–Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA. Dr. Li joined the Weill Cornell Medical College Department of Radiology full-time faculty in July 2013 after a year of Fellowship training in Interventional Radiology in our department at The New York-Presbyterian Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical College in New York City. He achieved Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology from the American Board of Radiology in May 2012.
Dr. Li’s clinical expertise is in Interventional Radiology. He performs a variety of interventional procedures with a focus in minimally invasive oncology procedures spanning from diagnosis to treatment including:
- Image guided needle biopsies
- Transarterial embolizations
- Percutaneous tumor ablations
- Vascular access procedures
Dr. Li’s research interests involve improving upon cancer care by combining pre-existing oncologic therapies in a multidisciplinary setting. He believes that this approach, in combination with harnessing novel therapeutics which can be targeted to tumors by percutaneous or transarterial means, will further advance the field of cancer treatment. In addition, he is interested in improving upon both patient care and the patient experience by using systems based approaches.
In addition to clinical and research activities, Dr. Li is an active and involved teacher of residents, Interventional Radiology fellows, and medical students.
Dr. Li is a member of several prestigious radiological societies listed below:
- Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
- American College of Radiology (ACR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Interventional Radiology
- Tumor Ablation
- Embolization of Artery
- Image Guided Biopsies
- B.S., Columbia University, 1999
- M.D., Ph.D., Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, 2007