Anthony J. Smith, M.D.
Dr. Smith received his medical degree from New York Medical College in 1986. He then went on to complete a residency in Internal Medicine followed by the Pulmonary and Critical Care fellowship at Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center of New York. He has served as the Chief of Pulmonary at Saint Vincent's Midtown Hospital; Director of Medicine at Cabrini Medical Center, and Assistant Chairman of Medicine at Saint Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center of New York before becoming Chairman of the Department of Medicine at New York Downtwon Hospital in 2006 as well as the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program in 2012.
Currently, Dr. Smith is Vice Chair, Department of Medicine, Weill Cornell Medical College, for the New York Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital. He is an Associate Attending on the medical staffs of both New York Presbyterian and Lower Manhattan Hospitals. He is an Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine at the Weill Cornell Medical College.
Dr. Smith still maintains an active clinical practice in Pulmonary and Internal Medicine at the Lower Manhattan Campus and in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. His interests include Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Asthma, and diagnosis and treatment of Lung Cancer.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [HMO]
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Plus - Amerigroup [CHP]
- Health Plus - Amerigroup
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease Medicine
- B.S., Long Island University, 1981
- M.D., New York Medical College, 1986