Arun B. Jesudian, M.D.
Dr. Arun Jesudian is a Transplant Hepatologist who specializes in the medical management of all types of liver disease including viral hepatitis B and C, alcoholic and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD), autoimmune liver disease, inherited and metabolic liver disorders, cirrhosis, and hepatocellular carcinoma. He also evaluates patients in need of liver transplant and delivers comprehensive pre- and post-transplant medical care in collaboration with fellow providers in the Center for Liver Disease and Transplantation.
He earned his BA from the University of Virginia where he was an Echols scholar and his MD from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. He then completed residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Gastroenterology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College as well as advanced fellowship training in Transplant Hepatology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University.
Dr. Jesudian has authored articles and book chapters in the field of Hepatology and is actively engaged in clinical research, focusing on the areas of viral hepatitis, complications of cirrhosis and portal hypertension, and post-transplant outcomes. He also instructs medical students, residents, and fellows in the care of patients with liver disease at both the Cornell and Columbia campuses.
Insurance Plans Accepted
The following represents most of the managed care plans accepted by this physician. If your insurance carrier does not appear here please contact the physician’s office as they may have individual contracts not included on this site.
* indicates this physician is no longer accepting new patients with this insurance plan.
- AETNA [PPO]
- AETNA [Medicare]
- AETNA [HMO]
- Aetna - Weill Cornell [POS]
- Affinity Essential
- Affinity Health Plan
- Blue Priority Network
- Emblem Select Care
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Pathway X Enhanced]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [EPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [PPO]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [Mediblue (Senior)]
- Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield [HMO]
- Fidelis Care
- GHI [CBP]
- Health First
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicare]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP) [Medicaid]
- Health Insurance Plan of NY (HIP)
- Health Republic
- Oxford Health Plans [Liberty]
- Oxford Health Plans [Medicare Advantage]
- Oxford Health Plans [Freedom]
- Rockefeller University - CoreSource
- UHC Compass
- United Empire
- United Health Care
- United Health Care [Medicare]
- United Health Care [Community Plan]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [Medicare]
- VNSNY CHOICE Medicare [HMO]
- Transplant Hepatology
- Liver Disease
- End-Stage Liver Disease
- Liver Transplant Evaluation
- Liver Transplant
- Portal Hypertension
- Internal Medicine
- Transplant Hepatology
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2001
- M.D., Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, 2006